How To Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Mac
- How To Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Mac
- How To Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Macbook Pro
- How Do I Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Mac
How do I Unpause launchpad on Mac?
- If iCloud Photo Library is disabled, but you still see unwanted photos appearing in your iCloud account. Also make sure the My Photo Stream option in the same menu is disabled to remove automatic uploads of your latest photos.
- Click on “Preferences” → “General” → “Use as System Photo Library”. Select your hard disk as the location; Now you can go back to the “Pictures” folder and move the “Photos Library” to the trash. The only downside to this is that you won’t be able to access your pictures unless you connect the external drive to your Mac.
- Make sure that all photos you need are either on phone storage or safely backed up on PC or Mac. Open the Settings app. Tap your account name/Apple ID. Toggle Off iCloud Photo Library. Restart your device. Use your computer to access iCloud and delete all photos and videos. Re-enable iCloud Photo Library.
Go into → System Preferences → iCloud → Photos Options and uncheck iCloud Photo Library. Reboot if you want to be safe, though it shouldn’t be necessary. Launch Photos with ⌥ opt -click. Click Create New and name your new Photos Library. Go into Photos → Preferences → General and click Use as System Photo Library.
Remove the LaunchPad icon from your Dock To do so, just click and hold on the icon, and just drag it out of the Dock. Once you’ve done that, you can add the icon again by going to the Applications folder and drag and dropping LaunchPad back in the Dock.
How do you Unpause a Mac?
In the text area of Terminal type the code “kill -CONT 155”. Replacing the ‘155’ with the PID number of the application you want to un-pause. Press the enter key and wait for the application to start responding again, this could take a couple of seconds.
How do you delete paused apps on Mac?
Here are the specific steps: Click Launchpad icon in Dock, and then locate the app. Click and hold the app icon until it begins to show X on the upper left corner. Click the X icon, and click Delete in the pop-up dialog to perform the uninstall.
How do I force a download on a Mac to quit?
Press these three keys together: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. (This is similar to pressing Control-Alt-Delete on a PC.) Then select the app in the Force Quit window and click Force Quit.
How do you stop an app from downloading on a Mac?
Hold down the Option key from the “Purchases” menu in the Mac App Store, this causes the “Pause” button to turn into “Cancel”. See this article for detail.
How do I reduce data usage on my Macbook?
Reducing internet usage by Macintosh computers
- In System Preferences > App Store, uncheck automatic updates.
- In System Preferences > Internet Accounts > iCloud, uncheck “Photos”.
- Turn off automatic download for email attachments.
- Turn off automatic email checking.
- Web browsing consumes a lot of data traffic.
How do I stop an app from updating on my Mac?
Click the Apple logo on the top left and open System Preferences. Click on App Store. Now you’ll see a bunch of options dealing with automatic updates on macOS. To disable automatic updates, click on the tick mark next to Automatically check for updates to uncheck it, which is checked by default.
How do I stop a software update?
Navigate to Manage Apps > All Apps. Find an app called Software Update, System Updates or anything similar, since different device manufacturers have named it different. To disable system update, try any of these two methods, the first one being recommended: Tap Turn Off or Disable button and then OK.
How do I disable fast user switching on Mac?
How to Disable Fast User Switching on Mac
- Click the Dock & Menu Bar preference pane.
- In the side column, scroll down to “Other Modules” and choose Fast User Switching.
- Uncheck the box next to Show in Menu Bar or Show in Control Center (you may need to uncheck both).
How do I delete administrator account on Mac?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left.
- Select the padlock icon.
- Enter your password.
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom.
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
- To ensure no other changes are made, select the padlock once again.
How do I delete a user account on a Mac?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups. If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane. Select the user or group you want to delete, then click the Remove button (looks like a minus sign) below the list of users.
How do I wipe my Mac before selling it?
What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac
- Create a backup. Make sure that you have a current backup of your important files.
- Sign out of iTunes in macOS Mojave or earlier.
- Sign out of iCloud.
- Sign out of iMessage.
- Reset NVRAM.
- Optional: Unpair Bluetooth devices that you’re keeping.
- Erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS.
How do you wipe clean a Mac?
How to wipe a Mac computer with a factory reset
- Turn your Mac computer off.
- Press the power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘) + R.
- After a few moments, the macOS Utilities window should appear — this is known as Recovery Mode.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue.”
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings without disk?
How to Reset a MacBook Pro to Factory Settings Without a Disc
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart. Hold down the “Command” and “R” keys when the gray screen appears during the boot process.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
How to Reset MacBook Pro to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Restart MacBook into Recovery Mode. Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and select Restart.
- Step 2: Use Disk Utility to Erase Your Mac Hard Drive. Select Disk Utility from the Utilities window in macOS Recovery.
- Step 3: Reinstall macOS as needed.
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
First, sign into the icloud.com/find and then search for your Mac on the Devices menu. Once you find it, all you have to do is click on the Unlock option. You will be prompted to add in the passcode that you received earlier, and you will also have to follow a series of steps to verify your identity.
How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
In the Find My app on your Mac, click Devices. In the Devices list, select the device you want to erase, then click the Info button on the map. Click Erase This Device. Note: You can also Control-click the device in the Devices list, then choose Erase this Device.
How do you unlock a locked disk on a Mac?
See this post for details.
- Boot your Mac and hold down ⌘-R (Command –R) to boot from the Mac’s Recovery HD partition.
- Open Disk Utility.
- Select your locked hard drive.
- Under the File menu, select Unlock “Drive Name” or Turn Off Encryption… , based on what you want to do.
How do I disable a disk password on a Mac?
If you no longer want to encrypt your startup disk, you can turn off FileVault:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy.
- Click the FileVault tab.
- Click , then enter an administrator name and password.
- Click Turn Off FileVault.
How do I remove a password from my Mac hard drive?
Here are the steps to remove the password from the computer:
- Switch off the file vault option by following the procedure.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Click on FileVault.
- Click on the lock icon and enter your password.
- Turn off the FileVault option.
- Go back to System Preferences.
How do I remove a password protected hard drive?
Right-click the partition on the hard drive you want to erase and select “Format” from the context menu. Follow the prompts and make sure the “Perform a quick format” option is deselected. It will take several minutes to erase and reformat the drive.
Before, iCloud Photo Library is the exclusive feature on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, etc. Recently, up update was made to make it possible to upload photos directly from Mac.
To sync pictures from iPhone/iPad to iCloud can be easy by toggling on Photos option under iCloud on device. However, when it comes to transferring photos to iCloud from Mac, many do not have a clue.
“How do I move photos from Mac to iCloud?”
“How to get photos from my Mac to iCloud Photo Library?”
Are you in the same boat?
Then just move on the detailed guide, which tells how to upload photos from Mac to iCloud Photo Library with more practical tips.Upload Photos to iCloud from Mac
Part 1. How to Set up iCloud Photo Library on Mac
Though Mac supports iCloud Photo Library uploading on Mac, you should set up the feature on Mac manually.
Note: Make sure your Mac has been connected with the Internet.Step 2
Click the Photos menu on the upper-left corner of your screen.Step 3
Select “Preferences” from the drop-down list of Photos.Step 4
Navigate the iCloud tab and select the checkbox of iCloud Photo Library.Step 5
Select either one option from Optimize Mac Storage and Download Originals to this Mac. (How to choose? Check it here.)
Note: Make sure you have signed in to iCloud on Mac. If not, you are required to enter your Apple ID and password to log in this Mac in step 4.
Then the photos will start syncing to iCloud Photos from Mac, if there are photos in Photos app on Mac.
No photos stored on the Photos app on Mac? Just import the pictures into Photos library on Mac in the next part.
Part 2. How to Upload Photos from Mac to iCloud Photos Library
Photos app on Mac is the library manager to help you prefect your images. Working seamlessly with iCloud Photos, all the images on the Photos app will be backed up to iCloud automatically after you set up in part 1 and connect to the Internet.
So, you should move the photos from Mac to the library in the Photos app.Step 2
Click File on the upper-left menu.Step 3
Select Import to locate the photos folder on your Mac.
Then it will upload the whole photos in the folder into its library.
While you import the photos folder, it will automatically upload to iCloud from Mac.
Part 3. Tips of Uploading Photos from Mac to iCloud
While copying photos from Mac to iCloud, there are some tips you should not miss.
How To Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Mac
Download Originals to this Mac VS Optimize Mac Storage
As mentioned above, there are two options when deciding to upload to iCloud, Download Originals to this Mac and Optimize Mac Storage. Which one should you use?
Let’s make it clear.
Download Originals to this Mac will store the original photos on this Mac, if you want to access the full-resolution photos, even when offline.
Optimize Mac Storage will store the full-resolution photos on iCloud, and originals will be also stored on this Mac if you have enough storage space.
So, if you want to get an easy access of the photo’s backup from iCloud on Mac offline, the first option is suitable for you.
If you want to want to free up more storage on Mac, you are suggested to select the second option.
Another way to get more space on Mac is getting a Mac cleaner software to wipe the unwanted junk files.Apeaksoft Mac Cleaner – Free up More Storage on Mac
All-in-one data cleaner, system monitor and file organizer on Mac, which clears the duplicated, old, and large photos, videos, and other system files from Mac without recovery. Moreover, its toolkit features in the management like uninstall apps, hide/encrypt files, check Wi-Fi, etc. on Mac easily.
Check the details here to delete photos on Mac to get more space.
Photos Not Uploading to iCloud from Mac?
There are some users report that photos uploading failure from Mac to iCloud. If you join the club, just check the following solutions.
- Check Apple server.
- Check iCloud storage.
- Check network settings on Mac.
- Disable and enable iCloud Photo Library.
- Restart Mac.
The detailed guide is here.
Part 4. How to Access iCloud Photos Across All Devices
Another strength to put the images from Mac to iCloud is getting an access of the photos on other devices beyond this Mac, like Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
There are official ways from Apple tell how to access iCloud photos. Here, we will show an easier way to download iCloud photos to PC or Mac in 3 steps.
Without downloading the iCloud Control Panel on PC or entering the iCloud on Mac, you can get the iCloud photos to computer with Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recovery and your iCloud account.
Access photos from iCloud Photo Library/Photos Stream.
Download contacts, messages, call, etc. from iCloud backup.
Recover the existing and deleted data from iCloud backup.
Restore data from iOS device and iTunes backup.Step 1Download iCloud photos extractor
Free download this software into your computer. It supports Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS X.
Then launch it and go to the Recover from iCloud Backup File tab from the left side.
Note: Do not forget to keep your computer connecting a good Internet network.Step 2Scan iCloud photos
Enter your Apple ID and password and then a popup screen will be given to you to choose the iCloud backup that you want to access. Select it and click the Download button.
In the popup window, you should select the checkbox of what data you want to download from iCloud. Here, we should select Camera Roll, Photo Library and App Photos. Click the Next button to start downloading iCloud photos to your hard drive.Step 3Download photos from iCloud to computer
The downloading process will take some time, which depends on the Internet connection and the data size on iCloud.
After downloading, you will be presented the preview window. Select the photo type which you want on the left-hand column, and then check the the thumbnails of iCloud photos on the right panel.
How To Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Macbook Pro
After checking the photos, just click the Recover button to download the iCloud backup photos to computer.
That’s all there is to it.
How Do I Unpause Icloud Photo Library On Mac
iCloud Photo Library is not the only feature on iOS devices, and it can be used on Mac to upload photos. Though it is an easy task to transfer photos from Mac to iCloud, still some users cannot get it. This post is the detailed guide to uploading Mac images to iCloud and gathers some practical tips when transferring photos to iCloud.
Do not hesitate to share this post with more people, if it does help you.
Leave your comments if you have any question.